College Notebook: Six to be inducted into PSU Athletic Hall of Fame
This will mark the 29th group inducted. They are: Steve Colonna, Tony Martinez, Russ Massahos, Pat McNamara, Lilly Silva and Traci Walker Griffith.
A Derry native, Massahos (2002) was a four-year starting running back for the Panthers. He was a three-time Freedom Football Conference All-Star and ranks third on PSU's career rushing list.
The Hall of Fame activities will take place at The Common Man Inn in Plymouth at 5 p.m. (reception) followed by dinner at 6 p.m. and the induction ceremony at 7 p.m.
Colby-Sawyer athletic director Deb McGrath has announced the hiring of Craig Wilkinson as the new head coach of the men's soccer program.
Wilkinson takes over a program that had a 7-12-1 record in its first two seasons in the North Atlantic Conference (NAC). The 2013 season will open at home against Elms on Aug. 31 and the first NAC game will be Sept. 28 at Johnson State.
Steven Delahanty (Auburn), a Manchester Memorial graduate, completed his senior year with the Nichols College men's lacrosse team in June. Delahanty was a four-year member of the team and for the second year in a row was named to the All-Academic Team for the Commonwealth Coast Conference.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- John Stossel: Want to give back? Start a business - 5
- Ted Gatsas and Bob Baines: STEAM Ahead will transform students' lives in Manchester - 5
- Jonah Goldberg: No, Obamacare is not remotely close to fixed - 2
- George Will: A case for containing Iran - 0
- New Hampshire's long-term health continues to decline - 8
- Lou Catano: Non-profit directors know that NH is a special, giving place - 0
- Pat Buchanan: China has begun prowling Asia like a hungry tiger - 3
- Thomas Sowell: Victimhood and race - 4
- Fred Hiatt: While Obama talked, Assad killed - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two charged with selling heroin in Nashua - 0
- 'Fugitive of the week' arrested in Hooksett - 0
- Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges - 0
- Sports Briefs: No miracle finish for Vonn - 0
- Browns QB Campbell cleared to face Pats - 0
- Bruins defenseman Boychuk's status unknown - 0
- SNHU seeks NCAA title - 0
- Wildcat gridders visit Maine in defining game for program - 0
- Manchester needs more police department argues in staffing report - 0
Science, art combine for cancer fundraiser
Dover police arrest 3 on drug charges
Reams threatens to sue county commissioners
Fourth-graders ‘experience’ Ellis Island
Copper stolen from old Salem school
McWages: They're about value
Pot debate precedes legislative hearings
Dingman: 'I try to be a better person'
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Scott Brown says 'nothing is really changed' on political plans
Judge rules to keep officers on Laurie list
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840