College Notebook: Six to be inducted into PSU Athletic Hall of Fame
This will mark the 29th group inducted. They are: Steve Colonna, Tony Martinez, Russ Massahos, Pat McNamara, Lilly Silva and Traci Walker Griffith.
A Derry native, Massahos (2002) was a four-year starting running back for the Panthers. He was a three-time Freedom Football Conference All-Star and ranks third on PSU's career rushing list.
The Hall of Fame activities will take place at The Common Man Inn in Plymouth at 5 p.m. (reception) followed by dinner at 6 p.m. and the induction ceremony at 7 p.m.
Colby-Sawyer athletic director Deb McGrath has announced the hiring of Craig Wilkinson as the new head coach of the men's soccer program.
Wilkinson takes over a program that had a 7-12-1 record in its first two seasons in the North Atlantic Conference (NAC). The 2013 season will open at home against Elms on Aug. 31 and the first NAC game will be Sept. 28 at Johnson State.
Steven Delahanty (Auburn), a Manchester Memorial graduate, completed his senior year with the Nichols College men's lacrosse team in June. Delahanty was a four-year member of the team and for the second year in a row was named to the All-Academic Team for the Commonwealth Coast Conference.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hooksett's rush: A careless dash from Manchester - 9
- UNH's good name: Administration fights for it - 0
- An NSA setback: Fourth Amendment wins first round - 15
- Fetal homicide: A compromise at last? - 4
- Freedom & discovery: A mathematician gets noticed - 0
- Preventing Newtown: Background checks won’t - 29
- Taunting taxpayers: Manchester teachers union won’t budge - 35
- Insurance choices: Shaheen, Shea-Porter, Kuster mislead - 19
- Looking for Abigail: Public can help find her - 3
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Kicking game could play crucial role for UNH - 0
- State settles $24.5M lawsuit to force help for mentally ill - 0
- Groton Wind turbines slated to start turning again shortly - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Hooksett man convicted in fatal boating accident - 0
- Man awarded $250K in sexual assault at medical center - 0
Ice storm threatens the region
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840