Richmond blanks Fisher Cats 5-0
Richmond's Edwin Escobar (3-2) limited the Fisher Cats to one hit over seven innings, and reliever Cody Hall held them to two hits, leading the Flying Squirrels to a 5-0 victory before 8,244 at The Diamond.
Richmond's big outburst was a four-run third inning. The hosts collected six straight hits in the inning off starter and loser Marcus Walden (6-12), including a run-scoring double by Adam Duvall. Richmond added an insurance run in the eighth on a Ryan Lollis RBI single.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 2
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Which of the following prospective candidates do you think the Red Sox should hire to replace Bobby Valentine as the team's manager?
- Sandy Alomar Jr.
- Brad Ausmus
- John Farrell
- DeMarlo Hale
- Torey Lovullo
- Dave Martinez
- Tony Pena
- Ryne Sandberg
- Joe Torre
- Jason Varitek
- Total Votes: 1840