Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Police stop 500 vehicles, arrest 10 at checkpoints in Bedford, Gilford
Jeffrey Nowell, 22 of Goffstown, attempted to avoid a checkpoint on Route 101 in Bedford by driving his vehicle through the divided highway median, police said. Police said they pursued Nowell, found him to be intoxicated and arrested him. He was charged with driving while intoxicated.
Others arrested were David Schwankert, 41, of Mont Vernon, for driving under the influence of drugs; Taylor Foster, 19, of Goffstown, for underage driving under the influence and transportation of alcohol by a minor; Donald Fleurent, 49, of Wilton, and Christopher Gagnon, 41, of Amherst, each for driving while intoxicated.
Bedford and state police stopped 257 vehicles. One person was given a summons for operating without a valid license and another for driving after suspension.
Those arrested were later released on bail and face arraignment later in the 9th Circuit Court District Division in Merrimack.
In Gilford, state troopers screened 260 vehicles and arrested five people. Those arrested were Rebecca Newsome, 41, of Sunapee, and Edward McDevitt, 54 of Kingston, each for driving while intoxicated; and Joseph Provencher, 19, of Manchester, for possession of a controlled drug.
Charged with being a minor in possession of alcohol were Samantha Provencher, 19, of Manchester, and Margaret McGovern, 19, of Hooksett.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Newmarket man indicted on sex assault counts - 0
- Bail set at $2,000 for man accused of $1,950 check forgery - 0
- Vandal slashes holiday display but cannot deflate Christmas spirit - 0
- Mistrial declared in Keene cold-case murder trial - 0
- Grantham man gets prison in shooting death of wife - 0
- Rockingham County attorney suspension continues amid probe - 1
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Senate holding rare Saturday vote on Fed pick Janet Yellen - 0
- Destruction of Berlin theater is ruled arson - 0
- Brady, Suggs set to renew bitter rivalry - 0
- West, Towson look to run past Eagles - 0
- Crowley leads Dover hockey past Kingswood - 0
- Beltran, Yankees make it official - 0
- Sabres pull away from Bruins - 0
- Bishop Guertin boys top Salem in OT - 0
- Wildcats will need to contend with Fargodome noise - 0
Beltran, Yankees make it official
Al Baldasaro may run for U.S. Senate
Gun-rights rally against Scott Brown gets rejection from city of Nashua; protesters say event will go on
Ice storm threatens the region
'Nutcracker' at Stockbridge
Scott Brown brings out protesters in NH
Money raised for dog hit by snow plow
Plymouth hosts hearing on bill for tougher scrutiny of power projects such as Northern Pass
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424