Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Police stop 500 vehicles, arrest 10 at checkpoints in Bedford, Gilford
Jeffrey Nowell, 22 of Goffstown, attempted to avoid a checkpoint on Route 101 in Bedford by driving his vehicle through the divided highway median, police said. Police said they pursued Nowell, found him to be intoxicated and arrested him. He was charged with driving while intoxicated.
Others arrested were David Schwankert, 41, of Mont Vernon, for driving under the influence of drugs; Taylor Foster, 19, of Goffstown, for underage driving under the influence and transportation of alcohol by a minor; Donald Fleurent, 49, of Wilton, and Christopher Gagnon, 41, of Amherst, each for driving while intoxicated.
Bedford and state police stopped 257 vehicles. One person was given a summons for operating without a valid license and another for driving after suspension.
Those arrested were later released on bail and face arraignment later in the 9th Circuit Court District Division in Merrimack.
In Gilford, state troopers screened 260 vehicles and arrested five people. Those arrested were Rebecca Newsome, 41, of Sunapee, and Edward McDevitt, 54 of Kingston, each for driving while intoxicated; and Joseph Provencher, 19, of Manchester, for possession of a controlled drug.
Charged with being a minor in possession of alcohol were Samantha Provencher, 19, of Manchester, and Margaret McGovern, 19, of Hooksett.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424