Home » News » Public Safety
Deaths of Springfield men ruled a suicide pact
The bodies of Tom Pursell, 19, and Lester Snide, 23, were discovered by a juvenile on a hike in the area on April 19, 2012. Police found a rifle and two suicide notes at the scene and soon after said all indications were that Snide shot and killed Pursell, and then shot himself.
Evidence at the scene suggested the men had been deceased in the shed since mid- to late-December of 2011.
“Lester Snide and Clifford Pursell were friends at the time of their deaths. Both had struggled with thoughts of suicide in the past,” according to the final report.
“Snide was having difficulties while on parole and had stated many times that he would kill himself before he ever went back to prison. Pursell had recently learned discouraging news about life plans and was taking it hard.”
Officials quoted from the suicide notes found at the scene. Pursell wrote, “Lester didn’t murder me. I asked him to do it,” while Snide’s note was titled, “This is my final goodbye.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Home Depot comes through in Derry with new decorations - 2
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 22
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072