Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Driver haunted by newlywed crash
The Stratham man was driving on Roberts Road in Rollinsford when, he said, a car came racing up behind him.
Fearing the driver was impaired, Myers dialed 911 and gave the operator a detailed account of everything he saw.
"If people see some behavior like this, call and maybe you can stop a person before they destroy a lot of lives," Myers said Thursday.
On the day of the deadly accident, Myers had just left a shop he operates in Rollinsford for his business, StrathamWood Studios, when he said a car approached him from behind on Roberts Road at a high rate of speed.
"I was looking in the mirror and I could see he was swerving," said Myers, who worried that Tsopas would try to pass and hit a vehicle in the opposite direction.
"I just wanted to see which way he was going and wanted to relay that to police. I hoped they would pull him over before something happened," Myers said.
Myers said the crash happened about 200 feet in front of him.
"He went into the left-hand lane. It was nearly head-on. Their car spun around and ended up in my travel lane," Myers recalled.
"He is walking down Old Mill Lane … in his underwear. This guy is obviously drunk," Myers told a dispatcher in the 911 call.
Dover fire and rescue personnel were on their way to another call when they approached the accident scene.
At the time of the crash, Myers didn't know that the victims were newlyweds.
"I didn't even know they were from out of state. I just knew there were two people in a car who were seriously hurt," he said. "It's heartbreaking. I've had the whole range of emotions … angry, sad," he said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 4
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 2
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424