Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Two men arrested following Concord police chase of stolen SUV
The incident began about 12:15 a.m. when a motorcycle officer pulled over a 2003 Range Rover on Loudon Road at the Interstate 93 northbound ramp.
The driver did not have a license to show the officer who recognized him as James Jones, 26, of Manchester. Jones, while talking to the officer, stepped on the accelerator and sped off, heading north onto I-93, according to police.
The officer informed dispatch and other patrol units of what had just happened and learned the Range Rover was reported stolen July 13 in Manchester.
The officer pursued the SUV as it took Exit 15W to get off I-93, then proceeded back onto the highway heading south. The Range Rover then took Exit 14 on Loudon Road and headed to Stickney Avenue where one of the passengers tried to bail out as the SUV was still moving. That man, whose name police did not release, was dragged a short distance.
At that point Jones and another passenger, Amuri Diole, 20, of Manchester, also abandoned the SUV and ran towards the Main Street area, police said.
Other officers converged on the scene and ultimately, caught up to and arrested both Jones and Diole. Jones is charged with receiving stolen property, two counts of resisting arrest, disobeying a police officer and operating a motor vehicle without a license. A parolee, the state Probation and Parole Department also put a hold on him.
Diole is charged with two counts of resisting arrest and one charge of receiving stolen property. His bail was set at $20,0000.
The man who was dragged was treated at the scene by emergency personnel from the Concord Fire Department, according to Lt. John Thomas.
What's next:Jones and Diole are to be arraigned at 11 a.m. today in 6th Circuit Court, Concord District Division.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- Rochester shooting investigated - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 1
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 1
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
- Nine arrested in Ossipee drug sweep - 0
- Litchfield woman charged in theft at local grocery store - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester man suffers head injury trying to break up fight - 0
- Former Derry Town Administrator John Anderson asks judge to dismiss charges - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
- Sen. Ayotte vows to fight on after her military sex assault bill passes - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth