Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Plumber convicted of conspiring in Deerfield home invasion that targeted family friend and former customer
Dr. Arthur Cutter, the homeowner who suffered nearly 50 staples along his head from his injuries, watched from the front row of the court gallery as jurors were individually polled on their decision.
Martin became familiar with Cutter’s home and the valuables he kept in it after working jobs at his home. The plan for the home invasion went awry when the attacker, Jacob Palo, 37, of Manchester lifted up his ski mask to take a cigarette break.
Palo is serving a 20 to 40 year prison sentence on a litany of charges for beating Cutter in his home and setting off a county-wide manhunt that ended after he crashed his second stolen getaway car into an Epping police cruiser in Fremont.
Anderson focused his closing arguments on the testimony of Palo’s girlfriend, Sherri Avnet, 34, of Manchester, another participant in the scheme convicted of being a lookout during the burglary. She is serving a two to seven year prison sentence.
“She is the only real link here, and by all accounts, the weakest link,” Anderson said. “She has told so many versions she can’t be sure she knows anything.”
She told police about her and Palo getting a ride from Martin to the front of Cutter’s home.
Jurors got to see the exchange of text messages and listened to one of Martin’s interviews with state police.
Martin faces up to 7 ½ to 15 years in state prison on each of the charges. A sentencing hearing will take place in the next 45 to 60 days.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 2
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 2
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'