Merrimack Mortgage donates 110 backpacks to Salvation Army
Merrimack Mortgage Co. donated the backpacks and materials inside to the Salvation Army on Friday.
The backpack drive has become an annual event for employees at Manchester-based Merrimack Mortgage. Anita Wolcott has led the drive all six years and the donations have increased each time from the 40 backpacks donated in the first effort.
"It's everything to give them the start that they need to get off on the right foot to the start of the school year," she said.
"It feels great. It's something we can give back," company owner Dan McKenney said after touring the Salvation Army's Manchester facility at 121 Cedar St. "It's very impressive how many kids they filter through here."
Rader said more backpacks will be coming in from other groups as summer comes to an end. He said the Salvation Army will continue to collect donations for its annual back-to-school drive and distribute them before classes resume.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.