New Hampshire Veterans News in Brief
MANCHESTER — The Sampson AFB Veterans Assocation Grenier Squadron meets for lunch at noon on the second Wednesday of the month in the Hanger Room of the Airport Diner.
At the May meeting the group started a monthly collection of food items for the Manchester Food Bank.
The next meeting will be held in the Hanger Room at noon on Aug. 14.
National Guard holds activity day
CONCORD — Military retirees and family are invited to the 16th annual northern New England activity day, on Saturday, Aug. 3, at the New Hampshire National Guard Army aviation support facility, 26 Regional Drive
Information about legal assistance, health care, survivor benefits, the VA, veterans home and cemeteries will be available, along with recreation, commissaries and exchanges.
The event registration is from 8 to 9 a.m. with the openening ceremony from 9 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.
0945-1300 exibitor displays are open from 9:45 a.m. to 1 p.m.
For more information, call Col. Frank Musmanno (ret.) at 495-3042; or email firstname.lastname@example.org
PORTSMOUTH — Two $1,000 scholarship awards were recently presented by the Air Force Sergeants Association Chapter 155 at the Service Credit Union's corporate offices.
The CMSgt. David Eaton Scholarship was awarded to Dan P. Andrews, the son of SMSgt. John Andrews. The scholarship is given to a graduating high school senior for the first year of college.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry Army veteran is a hit at Fenway Park - 0
- World War II veteran Stephan Lewy to receive French Legion of Honor - 0
- War hero Zamperini, inspiration for book and film 'Unbroken,' dead at 97 - 0
- Community groups prepare for fallen Marine’s services - 0
- 'Forgotten War' veterans thanked for in Concord service - 0
- Wakefield man serves aboard USS Constitution - 0
- Bikers to remember the fallen - 0
- Six Flags tickets free to veterans - 0
- Forever Young Chorus at baseball stadium - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Two vehicle crash in Milton ends with one driver sustaining fatal injuries - 0
- Portland Sea Dogs get past NH Fisher Cats in righty’s first AA start of season - 0
- Keene Swamp Bats edge Sanford in NECBL action - 0
- Manchester's Hanover St. block party kicks off block party season - 0
- Little, MacDonald 1-2 in wild K&N 100 in Loudon - 0
- Kyle Busch focused leading up to Camping World RV Sales 301 - 0
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Hosts hoping for extended Little League district final - 0
- Assisted living facility proposed for Londonderry - 0
Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much?
Coco is back in jail, but maybe not for long
Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles