New Hampshire Veterans News in Brief
MANCHESTER — The Sampson AFB Veterans Assocation Grenier Squadron meets for lunch at noon on the second Wednesday of the month in the Hanger Room of the Airport Diner.
At the May meeting the group started a monthly collection of food items for the Manchester Food Bank.
The next meeting will be held in the Hanger Room at noon on Aug. 14.
National Guard holds activity day
CONCORD — Military retirees and family are invited to the 16th annual northern New England activity day, on Saturday, Aug. 3, at the New Hampshire National Guard Army aviation support facility, 26 Regional Drive
Information about legal assistance, health care, survivor benefits, the VA, veterans home and cemeteries will be available, along with recreation, commissaries and exchanges.
The event registration is from 8 to 9 a.m. with the openening ceremony from 9 a.m. to 9:45 a.m.
0945-1300 exibitor displays are open from 9:45 a.m. to 1 p.m.
For more information, call Col. Frank Musmanno (ret.) at 495-3042; or email email@example.com
PORTSMOUTH — Two $1,000 scholarship awards were recently presented by the Air Force Sergeants Association Chapter 155 at the Service Credit Union's corporate offices.
The CMSgt. David Eaton Scholarship was awarded to Dan P. Andrews, the son of SMSgt. John Andrews. The scholarship is given to a graduating high school senior for the first year of college.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Woman sues after her dogs kill neighbor's pet beagle - 0
- Gail Fisher's Dog Tracks: Breed's bad reputation skews the truth about pitbulls - 2
- Auburn family's dog found shot in head - 10
- Cat dies after reportedly being thrown from vehicle on Route 11 in New Durham - 6
- Swanzey dog rescue seeks funds to rebuild after fire - 0
- Answers sought over dead ducks, geese - 0
- Derry residents debate dog leash law - 0
- Man who shot Huskies was worried he would be target of animal rights groups - 20
- Police say three Huskies missing in Merrimack were mistaken as wolves and shot, killed - 75
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Celtics Insider: Celtics rule Smart out of tomorrow's game against Chicago - 0
- Berube the backbone of Monarchs' team 'D' - 0
- Packers QB Revis will pose a challenge for Patriots - 1
- Hudson may start charging for non-transport ambulance calls - 0
- NH suffers 4th worst outage on record - 1
- Camping out didn't pay for shoppers - 0
- Newsreel: Concord economic forecast; Tech Council hosts forum; UNH Fairchild Dairy honored - 0
- Londonderry-based MegaFood launches transparency project in vitamin industry - 0
- Grant program to help Granite State students with loans - 0
NH suffers 4th worst outage on record
Camping out didn't pay for shoppers
After the election is over, the signs remain