Bethlehem Hebrew Congregation hosts guests at August events
Shana Aisenberg will join Cantor Marlena Fuerstman to provide a musical Shabbat evening on Friday, Aug. 2.
On Saturday, Aug. 3, BHC sponsors a reception at the Colonial Theatre to honor photographer Ellen Fisch, who opens her Bethlehem Worship photographic essay.
Michel Adler will share his father’s book, “I Am A Refugee,” on Friday, Aug. 16.
Aisenberg is an acoustic multi-instrumentalist, composing, playing, recording and teaching diverse styles from traditional Appalachian, Celtic and New England contra- dance music to eastern European Klezmer, Balkan, Nordic, bottleneck blues and jazz.
“Worship,” photographic essay by renowned photographer Fisch, will be the featured exhibit at the Colonial Theatre during August. BHC will host a reception at 12:30 p.m., Saturday, Aug. 3, on the theatre patio.
Brahmer is a graduate of Harvard Divinity School and a fine arts photographer. He is the educational coordinator for plastic surgery and hand surgery at Beth Israel Deaconess Medical Center in Boston.
Admission is free. For more information, contact BHC at 869-5465.
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Downtown, it's all in the restaurant family - 1
- Band camp gets Memorial musicians in rhythm a week early - 1
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: A short history of the spice trade - 1
- City Matters: Little sleep for Vietnam vet - 3
- City Matters: Market Basket workers' outlook challenges the skeptics among us - 10
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: 'Taps' is soundtrack of summer ceremony - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Central buddies play on - 1
- DIY addition draws city's, neighbors' ire - 6
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Vailas rallies UNH football to 29-26 win over Richmond - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Raiders should be tucked away early - 0
- St. Anselm football wins home opener, goes to 3-0 - 0
- SNHU golfer Nutter earns weekly honor - 0
- Dover's Helliwell wins ACT Invitational - 0
- Concord, Pinkerton, Coe-Brown runners win - 0
- Nashua South gets on track by beating Merrimack - 0
- Pinkerton stuffs Salem late, holds on - 0
- Dartmouth football wins opener over Central Conn., 35-25 - 0
NH's future: Dean Kamen highlights a problem