New Hampshire Religion News in Brief
MANCHESTER — The Unitarian Universalist Church of Manchester will celebrate Organ Sunday on Aug. 4 at 10 a.m.
Student organist Rory Cunningham and his teacher, Mark St. Hilaire, will play throughout the service.
Cunningham just won a competition put on by the Young Organists Collaborative for organ students in New Hampshire, Maine and Massachusetts.
Ken Close will deliver a talk on the history of the Estey organ, which is 96 years old this year. It was installed in 1917 and has been in continuous use ever since. A restoration is under way, overseen by Lawrence Nevin, organ builder, of Dublin. It is hoped that the renovations will be complete in time for the centennial celebration in June, 2017.
Rochester church welcomes preacher
ROCHESTER — Trinity Anglican Church will host visiting clergyman Joseph Bizimana at services on Sunday, Aug. 11.
In 1992 he escaped being killed in one of the uprisings that plagued the country. He traveled to a refugee camp and finally to Kenya.
Service times are 8 and 9:30 a.m.
There is no charge.
Call 536-1966 for information. Everyone is welcome.
Daily Vacation Bible School will be held for children pre-school through sixth grade. Parent or guardian permission required.
Chapel of St. John has guest speaker
The guest speaker will be Michelle Betts, pastor of the Northfield-Tilton Congregational Church. Refreshments and fellowship will follow
The chapel is located 4 1/2 miles up Ellsworth Hill Road from the intersection of Routes 3 and 49 (Campton Exit 28 off I-93).
Phone 536-4308 for information.
KINGSTON — A service of Christian healing will be held at New Creation Healing Center, 80 Route 125, from 7 to 8:15 p.m .on Friday, Aug. 2.
People from several area churches will assist.
Wafers for people with allergies now available in Kingston
Consecrated Communion wafers, free of gluten, soy, tree nuts, wheat, corn, milk/casein, and peanut, will be offered to those requesting them.
Trinity worships in the chapel of New Creation Healing Center, 80 Route 125, Kingston. Call 642-3002.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Marco Rubio: Brown will stop the Obama agenda, put us on a better course - 3
- Another View - Sean O'Kane: Jeanne Shaheen is a friend of NH's tourism industry - 5
- Charles Arlinghaus: How the cult of celebrity destroys our political culture - 1
- Pat Buchanan: How do terror networks win their Western recruits? - 0
- Another View -- Marilinda Garcia: Rep. Ann Kuster has not been a help to NH senior citizens - 8
- Jonah Goldberg: Why narratives are more powerful than ideas - 0
- Pat Buchanan: People sense the country is falling apart - 2
- Celeste Clark : I saw Keene State College and the police try to prevent a riot - 2
- Deroy Murdock: Colorado shows the perils of mailing-in the election - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Commodore Nutt takes D.C. by storm - 1
- School's out for voters - 0
- Kuster's abortion lies: Claims against Garcia are untrue - 7
- Brown, Shaheen run hardest where support is deepest - 0
- Jonathan E. Benedict - 0
- Drew Cline: GOP missed opportunities could mean trouble on Tuesday - 2
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Demaryius Thomas is x-factor for Broncos' offense - 1
- College Football: Big Green ready for tussle with Harvard - 0
- UNH Notebook: Albany is much improved - 0
Trump fired up over NH mailer