Home » News » Public Safety
Ex-Center Harbor fire chief cites pay issue for resignation
Selectman Harry Viens said the board sees things differently, but board members can’t discuss a personnel matter, and the board is hesitant to speak now about what the circumstances surrounding Schlemmer’s departure without having the town’s attorney give advice.
“We obviously have a contrary account of what happened,” he said. “But he is represented by an attorney now, so we need to be as well.”
Viens disputed that, and said the board offered a meeting shortly after he resigned.
Schlemmer said the board “lacks transparency” on this issue.
“In this way, the board has avoided the obligation to inform the taxpayers of my full-time status, avoided paying me for my time and the benefits other full- time employees of the town enjoy, but still managed to maintain a full-time chief by any other name. Not only is this generally unfair and lacks transparency for the townspeople, but as it turns out, this creative pay method is not entirely legal.”
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Check those pool filters for another invasive species - 0
- Lowell apartment house fire claims 7 lives, including three children - 0
- Posting of recent standoff has Free Keene bloggers taking heat - 2
- State Police Marine Patrol IDs Duncan Lake drowning victim - 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- City police schedule community meeting - 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy - 1
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Craven loves qualifying format - 0
- City summer: Check out Manchester - 0
- Revenge? Shea needs none - 0
- Bonner rock'n the hardware - 0
- On Baseball: G'days for Berti boosted his game - 0
- Special Section: Readers' Choice 2014 - 0
- Officials probe fire at Jaffrey trash sorting building - 0
- Swamp Bats fall to Pilgrims - 0
Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing?
Community groups profit from race week
Outrageous waste: You overpaid by how much?
Another View -- Tiler Eaton: The Northern Pass project would help, not hurt, NH's economy
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man