Home » News » Public Safety
Derry teen suing Kingston YMCA camp over bike accident
According to the suit, Aaron Wallack, who was 15 at the time, was a volunteer working as a counselor-in-training at Camp Lincoln during the summer of 2010 when the accident occurred.
The suit accuses the camp of negligence, claiming it “failed to inspect the bicycle prior to its use on Aug. 12, 2010, failed to keep and follow a reasonable inspection and maintenance policy to care for the bicycle, and failed to adequately train staff to properly inspect and maintain the bicycle equipment, and as a result, the front tire of the defendant’s bicycle became dislodged from the bicycle fork while the plaintiff, Aaron Wallack, was riding the bicycle.”
Wallack suffered numerous injuries to his head, cheek, and lips, the suit said. He also received injuries to his teeth that required dental treatment.
Because of the injuries to his son, the suit said Wallack’s father has incurred medical expenses and that Wallack remains in need of “substantial additional future medical and dental treatment and will incur additional medical and dental expenses for that treatment,” the suit said.
The suit seeks unspecified damages.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Family trying to recover from fire 2 weeks before Christmas - 0
- Derry police add a new officer to the department - 0
- 1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford - 0
- 'Good Morning America' viewers see how much people care about missing Abigail Hernandez - 2
- Propane truck overturns on Bow side street - 0
- UPDATE: Stretch of I-293 South, North lanes reopen after propane tanker crashes - 1
- Claremont homeless man found dead - 0
- Woodshed restaurant fire investigation continues - 0
- Lincoln officer, Woodstock firefighters credited with saving homeowner's life - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 5
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 2
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072