Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Windham kidnap witness defies order, to remain in county jail
Wageling, who attended the deposition, said in an order made available Wednesday that Nugent would continue to be held in contempt of court until he decides to offer truthful testimony in the trial of Luis Carvalho, 33, of Taunton, Mass.
Carvalho is accused of storming a home in Windham April 15, 2012, with another man and restraining Samantha Gervais, 20, before fleeing from Windham police.
Nugent’s latest court appearance came Thursday when he appeared with his lawyer, Chuck Keefe, asking to be freed after spending nearly two months behind bars. Keefe argued that the jail stint violated his client’s constitutional rights.
He spent more than two years behind bars awaiting trial.
Wageling said during a hearing Thursday that Nugent’s freedom hinges on his obeying her order to testify truthfully at Carvalho’s trial.
Nugent has contended that despite being given an immunity agreement in New Hampshire, his statements could be used against him in Massachusetts.
Nugent reported to police in the Bay State that his firearms were stolen and was later charged for making the report, according to published reports. Those charges were later dropped.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Former Berlin man to be sentenced April 1 for credit union robbery - 0
- Burglary spee brings more charges for Seabrook man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
- Negotiator: Israeli-Palestinian talks might take year to complete - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 0
- Jackknifed propane tanker closes I-293 to traffic for hours in aftermath - 0
- “The VA has pointed me in the right direction,” he said. - 0
Police say man attacked woman with sword
The Music Hall presents 'Messiah Sing'
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424