Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Danbury man testifies in Deerfield home invasion case
He steadfastly denied any knowledge about plans by Jacob Palo to severely beat Dr. Arthur Cutter over the head with a handgun before taking $20,000 in cash and a box of silver from a safe before driving off in the victim’s Cadillac.
Martin told jurors he only knew Palo as a man named Chuck, a day laborer who he described as a “druggie” nobody would hire.
Martin denied he was in need of money at the time of the burglary, saying he reaped between $150,000 and $160,000 in business income that year.
“You told state police, ‘I knew he was going to jack somebody up,’” Zaino said.
Zaino also confronted Martin with a series of text messages he responded to that night with Sherri Avnet, who was convicted for her role as a lookout during the burglary.
“I really didn’t care,” Martin testified about messages he was receiving from Avnet. “I was texting with my wife. That’s what I was paying attention to. I was ready to flip a cog. I was going to snap.”
Zaino ended his questioning by playing a recording of a July 2011 interview Martin gave to two state police detectives. Martin told the detectives he knew that Palo had planned to “jack somebody up” over money that he was owed.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 5
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Jury deadlocked in Keene murder trial - 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 12
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424