Mar 12, 2014
Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Nottingham teen faces sexual assault, burglary charges
Zachery D. Lajoie, 17, of 26 Gebig Road, already had a history of vandalism last year that had residents along the winding rural road on edge, neighbors and a town official said.
Lajoie is accused of breaking into a neighbor's house a few doors down from his home about 5:10 a.m. Wednesday to steal cigarettes, court complaints allege. Once inside, he noticed the 44-year-old tenant sleeping in her bed, police allege in the affidavit supporting his arrest charges.
The teen said he was 18 years and lived in Dover, the affidavit said."He told her he had done jail time when he was 17 years old for running away. She said she asked him if he was crazy or just lonely ... He replied he was very lonely and tried to kiss her," police said in the affidavit.After Lajoie left the apartment, the victim said she initially was reluctant to call police.
A probable cause hearing is set for Aug. 9 in 10th Circuit Court-Candia.
"We have kids and he is an unstable child who obviously has some issues," said Tracy Canty, who lives across the street from Lajoie.
Retired postmaster Leona Guptill said "I feel sad for the kid. I don't condemn anyone because they have problems."
No one answered the door at Lajoie's house Thursday, a single-floor cinder-block building with an attached shed.
The only other adult charge listed against Lajoie in Candia court is a minor in possession of tobacco. Lajoie pleaded guilty to that charge May 29 and was ordered to serve 20 hours community service.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bedford man sentenced for lobster trap thefts - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 2
- UPDATE: Hudson police standoff ends; person in custody - 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 2
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Manchester-based scam roofer going to prison for making promises, taking money - 0
- UPDATED: Manchester police recover $11,000 in drugs while investigating domestic assault - 2
- Somersworth mother charged over statements in abuse case against Rochester boyfriend - 2
- UPDATE: Rochester man says he held girl, 3, in headlock for wetting the bed - 1
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
- VFW still eyeing old Crown Hill fire station in Nashua for new home - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'