'Tree huggers' prompt no trespassing signs at Woodmont Commons in Londonderry
On Tuesday afternoon, a series of bright-yellow "No Trespassing" signs appeared along the perimeter of the former orchard site.
Calls made to Ari Pollack, attorney for developers Pillsbury Realty Development, LLC, weren't returned on Tuesday and Wednesday.
The rally will begin at 2 p.m. at the intersection of Pillsbury and Gilcreast roads, near the existing Woodmont Orchards sign.
"My father always told me if you care about something, you've got to do something about it," she said. "This isn't just about wanting a public park, this is really about preserving Londonderry's agricultural heritage."
With the sign posing a concern for event organizers, Tetreau said the rally would most likely take place on the public sidewalk rather than inside the orchard as originally planned.
At the urging of her attorney, Allan Hoffman, Londonderry police were made aware of the event and an officer will be present to ensure peaceful proceedings on Sunday, Tetreau said.
Falvey said this week the posted signs didn't discourage him, noting that "waving a red flag in front of a bull probably isn't the best public relations strategy."
"Let's show this developer a bit of local color," he added.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- 'Hour of Code' taps student creativity - 1
- Fired Epping children's librarian gets public hearing - 0
- Hillsborough district names its Teacher of Year - 0
- Nashua Board of Education signals new leadership - 0
- PSU adjunct faculty members approve three-year contract - 0
- UNH, trustees seek to reverse arbitrator's decision to reinstate professor - 13
- NH students take part in computer education week - 0
- Math world stunned by UNH lecturer's find - 3
- Consultant report on UNH Manchester issues almost done - 4
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 1
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child