New Hampshire Club Notes
WARNER — Harris Lodge No. 91 F. & A.M. recently hosted its 10th annual districtwide horseshoe tournament, which was played indoors in the Masonic Lodge due to rain.
The contest came down to teams from Horace Chase Lodge and Harris Lodge vying for the championship, with the team of Dave Case and Dick Dragon from Horace Chase garnering the winner's trophy. Individual trophies were presented to the men by Brian Stiles, master of Harris Lodge
WINDHAM — Katie Felson and Ben Gallo, both 2013 graduates of Windham High School, have won the Windham Garden Club's Nancy Surette Memorial Scholarships.
Grace Marad, club scholarship chairman, presented the $1,000 awards.Felson will enter the University of New Hampshire's cellular and molecular biology program this fall. Her interest in the field was fueled by her sister's genetic learning disability. The club said she created her own field work by communicating with her sister's doctors and geneticist and did considerable independent research. The honors student also was a longtime Girl Scout and volunteer who completed the New Hampshire Scholars Initiative.
The next meeting of the Mercy Hathaway White Chapter of Daughters of the American Revolution, which serves the Bradford, Contoocook and Warner areas, will be at 1 p.m. Wednesday, Aug. 14, at the home of member Mary Stuart.
For more about the meeting or the DAR, contact Merle Dustin at 746-4171 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.