Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Shot in the face in Manchester, he misses the Bronx
Manchester police have said little about the case, other than it happened just before 6:30 a.m. Friday at an Orange Street residence. Police said they could not initially speak to Jackson because a breathing tube was in his throat.
But Jackson's account differs. He said he let his shooter into the apartment. Jackson said he met the man at a friend's house and he seemed like a "cool guy." He would not name him and urged a reporter to contact police. The New Hampshire Union Leader was unable Tuesday to reach a detective involved in the case.
"He felt violated as a man," Jackson said.
But when the man showed up at his apartment, Jackson let him in.
"We started talking. Once I told him I got nothing for him, he started to get a little rowdy," Jackson said.
Then the man lifted the gun, which Jackson thinks was a .38-caliber handgun.
Jackson said it's the second time he's been shot. About a year ago, he was shot in the stomach in the Bronx.
Jackson said he was in Manchester visiting a friend and was watching over his apartment while the friend was on vacation. Now he is in the hospital on a liquid diet and has to wait six weeks before he can eat normal food.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- NH Supreme Court: Indigent woman entitled to state-funded services - 0
- Following drug bust, questions raised about Manchester pizza restaurant - 1
- Somersworth man charged in three incidents - 0
- Fathers of injured teens pleased with order sending back Coco to jail - 0
- Exeter man arraigned in pair of Portsmouth armed robberies - 0
- Pa. man will go to trial for two-state chase - 0
- Arrest made in fake Nashua bomb threat - 0
- Two of Gregory Smart's killers nearing release - 15
- Speeding stop leads to drug and alcohol charges for Nashua men - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Portland takes first of two from NH Fisher Cats Saturday - 0
- Readers' Choice winners say public vote is meaningful - 0
- Amherst mini-golf course is readers' top choice - 0
- Twins Smoke Shop focuses on good cigars, happy clients - 0
- 'Backstage' NASCAR passes are fans' delight in Loudon - 0
- Motorcyclist killed, passenger injured when hit by car in Manchester accident - 0
- Bicyclist injured when hit by car in Hudson - 0
- Police hope for driving dream, but prepared for driving nightmare in Loudon - 0
- Police investigate serious accident in Manchester - 0
New Hampshire events starting on July 13
Houston hands Red Sox a loss Saturday
With the NASCAR fans, Jr.'s The Man
VA woes across the country led NH to reforms
- Total Votes: 917