Mar 5, 2014
Feb 26, 2014
Feb 19, 2014
Feb 6, 2014
Shot in the face in Manchester, he misses the Bronx
Manchester police have said little about the case, other than it happened just before 6:30 a.m. Friday at an Orange Street residence. Police said they could not initially speak to Jackson because a breathing tube was in his throat.
But Jackson's account differs. He said he let his shooter into the apartment. Jackson said he met the man at a friend's house and he seemed like a "cool guy." He would not name him and urged a reporter to contact police. The New Hampshire Union Leader was unable Tuesday to reach a detective involved in the case.
"He felt violated as a man," Jackson said.
But when the man showed up at his apartment, Jackson let him in.
"We started talking. Once I told him I got nothing for him, he started to get a little rowdy," Jackson said.
Then the man lifted the gun, which Jackson thinks was a .38-caliber handgun.
Jackson said it's the second time he's been shot. About a year ago, he was shot in the stomach in the Bronx.
Jackson said he was in Manchester visiting a friend and was watching over his apartment while the friend was on vacation. Now he is in the hospital on a liquid diet and has to wait six weeks before he can eat normal food.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Bay State following in NH's footsteps with 'upskirting' law - 0
- Epping supermarket worker arrested after brutal break room attack on female coworker - 0
- Nashua woman arrested in connection with homeless man's hit-and-run death - 2
- Roommate convicted of selling heroin out of former Manchester teacher's home - 0
- Senate approves parental rights bill - 0
- Raymond police investigating thefts of cord wood - 0
- Pelham police arrest Mass. man near scene of thefts from cars - 0
- UPDATE: Boscawen police have two men in custody - 0
- Dover man accused of robbing woman at knifepoint - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 0
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 0
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 0
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
- John Stossel: Budget baloney - 0
- Another View - Betsy McCaughey: The Obamacare horror stories are not lies - 0
- College Hockey: Dartmouth, PSU hit road for tourneys - 0
John Stossel: Budget baloney
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
Several union deals on Windham ballots
Londonderry set to vote on school repairs
Bad Joe: Levasseur stalls again
House says no to bill to reduce NH meals tax
Good Joe: Kenney for Executive Council