Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Neighbor of murdered Hanover couple: Keep killer Tulloch in prison
The new hearings don't necessarily mean the sentence will change for Tulloch, as well as three other convicted murderers — Robert Dingman, Eduardo Lopez Jr., and Michael Soto. All were 17 at the time they committed the murders.
Strelzin said an important issue is whether the U.S. Supreme Court ruling in the Miller case is retroactive, meaning whether it applies to previous, settled cases. Some courts have said it does, others have said it doesn't.
Moran said the Zantop murder was grisly and the only satisfaction was the apprehension of Tulloch and James Parker, 16. Parker pleaded guilty to second-degree murder, testified against Tulloch and is eligible for parole in 2026.
"Those are the rules of the game, and that's what we have to deal with," he said.
McCollum said Susanne Zantop was liberal-minded and involved with Amnesty International. Neither of the two would have favored the death penalty, she said.
"I don't know what prison would accomplish for him," she said. "It would accomplish protection for the rest of us."Dingman was convicted in 1997 after a jury found him guilty of acting in concert with his younger brother in the murder of their parents.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 4
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 5
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424