Jul 10, 2014
Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
Prosecutors: Plumber helped plan Deerfield break-in, robbery
"He came up with the perfect score. It was a perfect target," Assistant County Attorney Michael Zaino said during opening arguments in Rockingham County Superior Court.
Anderson said his client had nothing to gain by participating in the burglary.
Palo stormed into Cutter's house sometime around 6:30 p.m., and brutally beat the local veterinarian before directing him to the safe in his bedroom. Palo is serving a 20 to 40 year prison sentence after pleading guilty to a litany of charges, including first-degree assault.
"Unfortunately, I opened the front door," Cutter said. "It never got completely open. Whoever it was, he kicked the door open and knocked me down and he was rapidly on top of me, whacking me over the head with the gun. He had a choke hold on my neck. I felt like I could barely breathe."
Zaino told jurors that Martin had worked on a bathroom sink only accessible from Cutter's bedroom.
Martin was to get a share of the cash stolen from the home, she testified.
Avnet told jurors she was living with Palo in Manchester at the time of the burglary. They were both unemployed and doing drugs — including heroin and cocaine on a near daily basis, she testified.
One of those texts that Martin allegedly sent to Avnet once Palo fled from the home read: "Stop texting. Lose the phone. Throw it."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested after two-state pursuit facing more charges - 0
- NH man sought in connection with Maine murder arrested on unrelated charges - 0
- Man accused of burglarizing state police barracks garage claims his rights were violated - 0
- Marriott's parents to face killer at his sentencing next month - 0
- Second arrest made in Portsmouth store robberies - 0
- Probable cause hearings set for pair facing series of drug charges - 0
- Arrested school construction employees back at work in Unity - 0
- Dover man questioned regarding Maine double murder - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 5
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
- On Baseball: Matinee win keeps Fisher Cats on a roll - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Anthony M. Kay
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Ayotte calls again for FCC reform
- Total Votes: 917