Jun 26, 2014
Jun 20, 2014
Jun 11, 2014
May 29, 2014
Prosecutors: Plumber helped plan Deerfield break-in, robbery
"He came up with the perfect score. It was a perfect target," Assistant County Attorney Michael Zaino said during opening arguments in Rockingham County Superior Court.
Anderson said his client had nothing to gain by participating in the burglary.
Palo stormed into Cutter's house sometime around 6:30 p.m., and brutally beat the local veterinarian before directing him to the safe in his bedroom. Palo is serving a 20 to 40 year prison sentence after pleading guilty to a litany of charges, including first-degree assault.
"Unfortunately, I opened the front door," Cutter said. "It never got completely open. Whoever it was, he kicked the door open and knocked me down and he was rapidly on top of me, whacking me over the head with the gun. He had a choke hold on my neck. I felt like I could barely breathe."
Zaino told jurors that Martin had worked on a bathroom sink only accessible from Cutter's bedroom.
Martin was to get a share of the cash stolen from the home, she testified.
Avnet told jurors she was living with Palo in Manchester at the time of the burglary. They were both unemployed and doing drugs — including heroin and cocaine on a near daily basis, she testified.
One of those texts that Martin allegedly sent to Avnet once Palo fled from the home read: "Stop texting. Lose the phone. Throw it."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man accused of burglarizing state police barracks garage claims his rights were violated - 0
- Marriott's parents to face killer at his sentencing next month - 0
- Second arrest made in Portsmouth store robberies - 0
- Probable cause hearings set for pair facing series of drug charges - 0
- Arrested school construction employees back at work in Unity - 0
- Dover man questioned regarding Maine double murder - 0
- Man arrested in two Portsmouth robberies - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Argentina tops Netherlands in shootout to reach final - 0
- Uehara named to AL all-star team - 0
- Stocks up after Fed minutes on 'easy money' exit - 0
- Portsmouth teen accused in DWI crash waives hearing - 0
- Posting of recent standoff has Free Keene bloggers taking heat - 0
- Seeking to upend Hobby Lobby court ruling, federal legislation crafted - 0
- Firefighters rescue five 'lucky ducks' in Londonderry - 0
- Abortion clinic buffer put on hold after court ruling - 1
- FairPoint union members to meet and talk strike - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
- Total Votes: 917