Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Prosecutors: Plumber helped plan Deerfield break-in, robbery
"He came up with the perfect score. It was a perfect target," Assistant County Attorney Michael Zaino said during opening arguments in Rockingham County Superior Court.
Anderson said his client had nothing to gain by participating in the burglary.
Palo stormed into Cutter's house sometime around 6:30 p.m., and brutally beat the local veterinarian before directing him to the safe in his bedroom. Palo is serving a 20 to 40 year prison sentence after pleading guilty to a litany of charges, including first-degree assault.
"Unfortunately, I opened the front door," Cutter said. "It never got completely open. Whoever it was, he kicked the door open and knocked me down and he was rapidly on top of me, whacking me over the head with the gun. He had a choke hold on my neck. I felt like I could barely breathe."
Zaino told jurors that Martin had worked on a bathroom sink only accessible from Cutter's bedroom.
Martin was to get a share of the cash stolen from the home, she testified.
Avnet told jurors she was living with Palo in Manchester at the time of the burglary. They were both unemployed and doing drugs — including heroin and cocaine on a near daily basis, she testified.
One of those texts that Martin allegedly sent to Avnet once Palo fled from the home read: "Stop texting. Lose the phone. Throw it."
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Man, woman charged in 3 Kensington burglaries - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 0
- UPDATE: Convicted sex offender turns himself in - 0
- UPDATE: 3 teens taken into custody for Laconia boys and girls club damage - 1
- Exeter drug sweep nets four - 1
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Windsor man seriously injured in Bennington crash with logging truck - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
- College roundup: Local men's teams go 3-0 for the night - 0
- Girls basketball: Derryfield, Bow girls' teams win - 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- Progress reported in Pinkerton-Hooksett high school deal - 1
- LGC subsidiary accused of violating its own bylaws - 0
- Turkey Bowl brawl: Central players suspended, no discipline for Trinity team - 6
- John Stark's 'We the People' gears up for civics competition - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424