Additions to Milford pavilion will include pergola, patio
A pavilion at Keyes Park in Milford will be expanded to include a pergola and a brick patio through the efforts of Milford High School students this fall. (Nancy Bean Foster Photo)
According to recreation director Nicole Banks, several years ago students from the high school's building and trades program built a large pavilion for the town, providing a place to escape the sun, dance and picnic as well as host family gatherings by reservation. Keyes Park is the primary recreation space in Milford featuring the town pool, tennis courts, a skate park and large playground, along with playing fields.
Starting in September when students in the building and trades program return to school, construction will begin on the new pergola. Students will then transport the structure to Keyes Park and install it.
Banks said there are always ideas floating around for new projects including refurbishing the skate park, building a splash park or even installing a water slide for the pool, but right now, the focus is on completing the pergola project.
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Siege Day launched at Pinkerton; students gain hands-on experience with hommade catapults - 0
- Middle school student's mom says principal used chokehold - 19
- School board suspends driver's ed program in Manchester, will probe source of $180k deficit - 2
- Manchester middle school principal placed on leave - 2
- Lebanon begins search for new school superindendent - 0
- Inventor excites Manchester fourth-graders with math, science possibilities - 0
- Nashua officals tour technical education center - 0
- City fourth-graders to meet entrepreneur Dean Kamen - 0
- No 3-day weekend for kids in Manchester school system - 5
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Man arrested as Manchester West High School intruder indicted on felony charge - 0
- Keene police say one charged with riot on Saturday, another arrested could face riot charge - 0
- Manchester man indicted on charge he ordered murder of city man - 0
- Husband found guilty, wife awaiting trial in murder of St. Johnsbury, Vt. teacher - 0
- No murder charge in stabbing of Manchester man in 'Black Acres;' self-defense claimed - 0
- Ottawa police say male suspect in attack and soldier are dead - 1
- Keene police release riot images, seek help with identification - 0
- Dartmouth-Hitchcock Medical Center in Lebanon to care for any potential NH Ebola patients, state announces - 0
- Salem mall renovations on target - 0
Locked in a dead heat, Shaheen, Brown spar
NH's back-road rest areas fading away
Fall hikers throughout NH put on notice
Team Obama: Faking right, voting left
Preventing riots: What should Keene do?
Keene riots a focus of gubernatorial debate