Additions to Milford pavilion will include pergola, patio
A pavilion at Keyes Park in Milford will be expanded to include a pergola and a brick patio through the efforts of Milford High School students this fall. (Nancy Bean Foster Photo)
According to recreation director Nicole Banks, several years ago students from the high school's building and trades program built a large pavilion for the town, providing a place to escape the sun, dance and picnic as well as host family gatherings by reservation. Keyes Park is the primary recreation space in Milford featuring the town pool, tennis courts, a skate park and large playground, along with playing fields.
Starting in September when students in the building and trades program return to school, construction will begin on the new pergola. Students will then transport the structure to Keyes Park and install it.
Banks said there are always ideas floating around for new projects including refurbishing the skate park, building a splash park or even installing a water slide for the pool, but right now, the focus is on completing the pergola project.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Police say hit-and-run driver was observed tossing beer cans from car - 0
- City championship on the line Thanksgiving Day - 0
- Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket - 0
- On being American: A point for reflection - 0
- Charles Arlinghaus: 'Tis the season for budget games and gimmicks - 0
- Police say woman stole pocketbook at Hudson Market Basket - 0
- Police say former manager of Hudson McDonald's stole $10k from restaurant - 0
- Manchester school exec contract squeaks by - 0
- Dartmouth gets 10 picks on All-Ivy team - 0
Pipes and plans: A chance to show up Mass.
Manchester school exec contract squeaks by
Your Turn, NH -- Mike Moffett: Republicans can win in 2016 with Kasich at the top of the ticket
On being American: A point for reflection