Additions to Milford pavilion will include pergola, patio
A pavilion at Keyes Park in Milford will be expanded to include a pergola and a brick patio through the efforts of Milford High School students this fall. (Nancy Bean Foster Photo)
According to recreation director Nicole Banks, several years ago students from the high school's building and trades program built a large pavilion for the town, providing a place to escape the sun, dance and picnic as well as host family gatherings by reservation. Keyes Park is the primary recreation space in Milford featuring the town pool, tennis courts, a skate park and large playground, along with playing fields.
Starting in September when students in the building and trades program return to school, construction will begin on the new pergola. Students will then transport the structure to Keyes Park and install it.
Banks said there are always ideas floating around for new projects including refurbishing the skate park, building a splash park or even installing a water slide for the pool, but right now, the focus is on completing the pergola project.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
- College Roundup: SNHU women win - 0
- Merrimack's Schaller scores first NHL goal, but B's get win - 0
- For Rex Ryan, another close loss to Pats - 0
- NH Busines Newsmakers: Butler named president of Cigna in New England - 0
- Small employers grapple with rising insurance premiums - 0
- Heat cruise past Celtics, snap losing skid - 0
- Christmas week looks wet and stormy - 0
- More airstrikes target Pakistani Taliban militants - 0
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'