Home » Sports » Baseball » Youth leagues
Manchester 14’s take N.E. Babe Ruth baseball title
Drew Merrick’s walk-off single to left field with two outs plated Nate Hall with the winning run in a 6-5 victory over Waterford, Conn. for the 14-year-old New England Regional Tournament title at Bullens Field in Westfield, Mass., Tuesday.
On Monday, they pulled out a 5-4 seventh inning win to beat Warwick R.I., in the semifinals and Tuesday, the Hanagans regrouped after Waterford scored three times in the sixth inning to tie the game, 5-5.
Manchester padded its lead to 5-2 in the fifth inning. Joey Silva singled, stole second and bolted home on a double by Garrett Olivar. Hall, who finished the game with two hits, plated Olivar with a single.
Manchester pounded out 11 hits as Merrick and Swanson each had two hits.
Manchester will return home to enjoy the regional title before resuming play on Aug. 14 when the World Series opens in Moses Lake, Wash.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA - 12
- Joseph W. McQuaid: Keeping public in the dark isn't helping find Abigail - 26
- The Peace Light: A Christmas reminder for all - 0
- Doing 'less with less' Is that Gov. Hassan's new motto? - 11
- Washington Jeanne: Will Shaheen face her state? - 44
- McWages: They're about value - 82
- Night lights: Francestown freaks out - 1
- Outrage du jour Garcia, Sullivan and victimhood - 31
- Cyber Monday alarm: The sales tax monster rises - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Town's Visiting Nurse Service to get new lease on life in 2014 - 0
- Volunteers sought for discipline committees - 0
- In Portsmouth, ACA primer fails to draw much interest - 0
- Heating fuel assistance funding cuts draw ire of Rep. Kuster - 0
- Nashua aldermen vote for new leadership - 0
- Negotiations with city teachers collapse; Gatsas to take over talks - 0
- Wildcats hockey team falls from national rankings - 0
- Dave D'Onofrio's Patriots Notebook: Another battle looms for Gronk - 0
- Former Kennett quarterback bowl-bound as BC lineman - 0
Wreaths Across America get big send-off
Volunteers sought for discipline committees
Where’s Waldo? Just ask the NSA
New UNH logo draws mixed reactions
John DiStaso's Granite Status: National Democratic chair to speak at NHIOP in January; Cataldo backs Kenney for Executive Council