Home » Sports » Baseball » Youth leagues
Manchester 14’s take N.E. Babe Ruth baseball title
Drew Merrick’s walk-off single to left field with two outs plated Nate Hall with the winning run in a 6-5 victory over Waterford, Conn. for the 14-year-old New England Regional Tournament title at Bullens Field in Westfield, Mass., Tuesday.
On Monday, they pulled out a 5-4 seventh inning win to beat Warwick R.I., in the semifinals and Tuesday, the Hanagans regrouped after Waterford scored three times in the sixth inning to tie the game, 5-5.
Manchester padded its lead to 5-2 in the fifth inning. Joey Silva singled, stole second and bolted home on a double by Garrett Olivar. Hall, who finished the game with two hits, plated Olivar with a single.
Manchester pounded out 11 hits as Merrick and Swanson each had two hits.
Manchester will return home to enjoy the regional title before resuming play on Aug. 14 when the World Series opens in Moses Lake, Wash.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hillsborough district names its Teacher of Year - 0
- Nashua Board of Education signals new leadership - 0
- PSU adjunct faculty members approve three-year contract - 0
- UNH, trustees seek to reverse arbitrator's decision to reinstate professor - 13
- NH students take part in computer education week - 0
- Math world stunned by UNH lecturer's find - 3
- Consultant report on UNH Manchester issues almost done - 4
- 'Embrance the challenge ... behold the view,' MCPHS grads told - 0
- Students add their special touch to Christmas - 0
- NH makes tort reform group's 'Judicial Hellholes' list - 1
- Manchester's O'Neill, Lebanon's Morrill form UNH's 'Granite Wall' - 0
- Stretch of I-293 North and South closed after propane tank crashes - 1
- $13m contract recommended for next phase of Nashua parkway - 0
- Couple charged in connection with Exeter burglaries - 0
- Proposed article sets rules for use of temporary signs - 0
- Newsreel: State unemployment stable; Gates Foundation CEO named; generic Viagra out soon - 0
- Leclerc takes second place in men's hockey - 0
- Trinity-Central game pushed to tonight - 0
Sales of new limited edition ‘Old Man’ liquor bottles will help fund Hall of Flags restoration projectREADER COMMENTS: 0
Shaheen, Ayotte split on House budget plan