Home » Sports » Baseball » Youth leagues
Kramer pitches Rochester into state American Legion baseball final
Kramer tossed eight innings to help Rochester beat Laconia 6-3 in Tuesday night’s losers’ bracket final at Concord’s Memorial Field.
“He’s our best pitcher,” Rochester coach B.J. Gagnon said. “He’s pretty up front and he wants the baseball. It’s extremely tough not to give it to him when he wants it.”
It was the second time Kramer beat Laconia in the double-elimination tournament. He pitched seven innings and struck out 11 to collect the win when Rochester defeated Laconia 5-3 in the tournament’s first game.
Kramer entered Tuesday’s game against Laconia with 13 strikeouts in 8 1/3 innings on the mound in the state tournament. He also pitched the final 1 1/3 innings to earn the save when Rochester eliminated Lebanon 4-3 Monday night.
The Nashua/Rochester winner will earn a spot in the American Legion Northeast Regional, which will be played Aug. 8-12 in Middletown, Conn.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Pat Buchanan: China has begun prowling Asia like a hungry tiger - 2
- Thomas Sowell: Victimhood and race - 4
- Fred Hiatt: While Obama talked, Assad killed - 4
- Ramesh Ponnuru: Why the latest corporate tax cut plan won't work - 1
- Aidan Connell: Manchester Central educated this Hooksett student very well - 13
- Deroy Murdock; Fracking is 'greener' than environmentalists want to admit - 9
- Margaret Carlson: Is Obamacare challenging enough yet for President Obama? - 4
- George Will: Scott Walker, action figure governor - 1
- Charles Krauthammer: An outbreak of lawlessness - 1
READER COMMENTS: 6
- UPDATE: Portsmouth woman, 60, identified after her body is found in creek - 1
- N.Y. man charged with reckless conduct after accidental shooting in Nashua - 1
- Cases against Keene 'Robin Hooders' dismissed by judge - 5
- Task force arrests man in Nottingham for Candia burglary - 1
- Police: Salem man used car keys to stab officer in hand - 0
- Manchester muffler shop burglarized - 0
- Boy, 12, struck in Newton remains hospitalized - 0
- State revenue under projections for November - 1
- Armed man arrested after Manchester convenience store robbery - 0
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Bob Smith ready to hire campaign manager for his 2014 US Senate run
Push to block casino in NH ramping up