Home » Sports » Baseball » Youth leagues
Kramer pitches Rochester into state American Legion baseball final
Kramer tossed eight innings to help Rochester beat Laconia 6-3 in Tuesday night’s losers’ bracket final at Concord’s Memorial Field.
“He’s our best pitcher,” Rochester coach B.J. Gagnon said. “He’s pretty up front and he wants the baseball. It’s extremely tough not to give it to him when he wants it.”
It was the second time Kramer beat Laconia in the double-elimination tournament. He pitched seven innings and struck out 11 to collect the win when Rochester defeated Laconia 5-3 in the tournament’s first game.
Kramer entered Tuesday’s game against Laconia with 13 strikeouts in 8 1/3 innings on the mound in the state tournament. He also pitched the final 1 1/3 innings to earn the save when Rochester eliminated Lebanon 4-3 Monday night.
The Nashua/Rochester winner will earn a spot in the American Legion Northeast Regional, which will be played Aug. 8-12 in Middletown, Conn.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 2
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child