Portsmouth bridge: Another delay
PORTSMOUTH — The opening of the new Memorial Bridge has been delayed once again.
New Hampshire Department of Transportation spokesman Bill Boynton said the motor that controls two of the four traffic gates on the bridge failed during final testing. Boynton said damage resulted when the motors malfunctioned.
The expectation was that the bridge would open sometime this week, but Boynton said that is unlikely to happen.
The New Hampshire Department of Transportation will not accept the keys to the bridge until all testing is complete. Carol Morris, spokesman for Archer Western Contractors, said it is too soon to say how the problem will affect the opening schedule.
“It is hard to get in there while some of this stuff is still going on. If you have construction people on there for 16 hours a day, when are you putting the operators on there to do their thing,” Boynton said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Derry Town councilor wants traffic light at English Range Road and Bypass 28 - 1
- Daughter of Korean Air boss goes ‘nuts’ over nuts - 0
- Exit 4A slowly moves forward - 0
- Momentum stalls for sales of hybrid vehicles - 0
- Volkswagen teases a hydrogen-powered Golf - 0
- Removal of 1907 Boscawen bridge less costly than planners expected - 1
- A trio of roundabouts looms a solution to Meredith’s seasonal traffic problem - 0
- Big potential, big subsidies projected in new rail study - 13
- Race to tie up Hampton Beach traffic Sunday - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Dave D'Onfrio's Patriots Notebook: Finding a way to win - 0
- Sam Asano's Let's Invent: NoNose gets readers talking like nobody's business - 0
- Know the Law: Your trust can be named beneficiary of an IRA - 0
- Another View -- Bill O'Brien: Ask your state rep. to vote for transparency in the House - 0
- Old friends and a 'homeless angel' make for good stories anytime - 0
- Clooney gets it: Sony attack was not a 'crime' - 0
- New coats warm city kids, firefighters' hearts - 0
- NHIAA Roundup: Martin, Pinkerton top Salem in tournament - 0
- Inmate reported missing from Concord transitional unit - 0
The Sony hack: Kim's judgment of Obama
Tensions boil over after NYC police killings
'Everybody was extremely fortunate'