Aug 21, 2014
Aug 14, 2014
Jul 24, 2014
Jul 16, 2014
Hampstead man arrested following Rite Aid robbery
Jason T. Gaff, 37, of 8 Johnson Meadow Road, was arraigned Monday in the 10th Circuit Court in Plaistow and ordered held on $50,000 cash bail at the Rockingham County jail.
Victims and witnesses at Rite Aid told police that a man, later identified as Gaff, came into the store and began browsing around before eventually approaching the pharmacy window and telling the clerk that he needed the prescription drugs Klonopin and Xanax, police said.
He then pulled up his shirt and displayed a handgun tucked into the waist of his shorts, police said.
When Officer Dorothy McGurren spotted the car heading toward her on Westville Road, she quickly turned her cruiser around and tried to stop him. Police said he refused to stop, so McGurren tried to block him, but he pulled around the cruiser and continued to flee.
Police said Gaff struck the cruiser twice as he tried to get away.
Police said he eventually backed into a condominium complex on Old County Road and Sgt. Valquerio Eiro arrived and the two cruisers cornered the vehicle.
Anyone with information about the robbery or any witnesses are asked to call Plaistow police at 382-1200.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive in Manchester shooting, stabbing cases caught by Marshals, police - 0
- Hampton Falls standoff suspect linked to burglaries, fake-cop ploy - 0
- Woman charged in fatal Hampton crash wants blood-test thrown out of court - 1
- Home confinement rejected for ex-Derry town employee - 1
- Manchester man arrested for aggravated drunk driving - 0
- Manchester Crime Watch: Fugitive in shooting, stabbing cases brought to court - 0
- Homeless man faces DWI charges in Dover - 0
- Amherst couple charged in sale of lost wedding ring - 0
- Donation jar thief said to be Bay State man - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Boston Red Sox hammer Jays for seven runs in 11th, win 11-7 - 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
- New England Patriots guard Mankins traded to Tampa for TE Wright - 1
- NH Fisher Cat Lee still striving for making it to the major leagues - 0
- Former city restaurateur gets jail sentence for sex assault - 0
- New Manchester school district standards to give teachers more leeway - 1
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
GOP for legal pot? Supporters of legalization rallying behind NH gubernatorial candidate Hemingway
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate
- Mass. Supreme Judicial Court has found upskirt photos taken on a subway aren't illegal. Should such voyeurism be a crime?
- Total Votes: 917