Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Hampstead man arrested following Rite Aid robbery
Jason T. Gaff, 37, of 8 Johnson Meadow Road, was arraigned Monday in the 10th Circuit Court in Plaistow and ordered held on $50,000 cash bail at the Rockingham County jail.
Victims and witnesses at Rite Aid told police that a man, later identified as Gaff, came into the store and began browsing around before eventually approaching the pharmacy window and telling the clerk that he needed the prescription drugs Klonopin and Xanax, police said.
He then pulled up his shirt and displayed a handgun tucked into the waist of his shorts, police said.
When Officer Dorothy McGurren spotted the car heading toward her on Westville Road, she quickly turned her cruiser around and tried to stop him. Police said he refused to stop, so McGurren tried to block him, but he pulled around the cruiser and continued to flee.
Police said Gaff struck the cruiser twice as he tried to get away.
Police said he eventually backed into a condominium complex on Old County Road and Sgt. Valquerio Eiro arrived and the two cruisers cornered the vehicle.
Anyone with information about the robbery or any witnesses are asked to call Plaistow police at 382-1200.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 3
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Firefighters respond to fire at Somersworth home - 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
- Snow could reschedule Super Bowl - 2
- Red Sox deal Morales for backup infielder - 0
- It's a season of switching teams for NASCAR drivers - 0
- Central girls down Trinity in OT - 0
- Pistons edge Celtics - 0
- Business is good for football elite - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424