Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
Oct 23, 2013
Hampstead man arrested following Rite Aid robbery
Jason T. Gaff, 37, of 8 Johnson Meadow Road, was arraigned Monday in the 10th Circuit Court in Plaistow and ordered held on $50,000 cash bail at the Rockingham County jail.
Victims and witnesses at Rite Aid told police that a man, later identified as Gaff, came into the store and began browsing around before eventually approaching the pharmacy window and telling the clerk that he needed the prescription drugs Klonopin and Xanax, police said.
He then pulled up his shirt and displayed a handgun tucked into the waist of his shorts, police said.
When Officer Dorothy McGurren spotted the car heading toward her on Westville Road, she quickly turned her cruiser around and tried to stop him. Police said he refused to stop, so McGurren tried to block him, but he pulled around the cruiser and continued to flee.
Police said Gaff struck the cruiser twice as he tried to get away.
Police said he eventually backed into a condominium complex on Old County Road and Sgt. Valquerio Eiro arrived and the two cruisers cornered the vehicle.
Anyone with information about the robbery or any witnesses are asked to call Plaistow police at 382-1200.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Ex-Goffstown teacher indicted on sexual assault charges - 0
- Claremont police identify suspect in three armed robberies - 0
- Three boys accused of vandalizing Lakes Region Boys and Girls Club - 0
- Confessed burglar tells investigators pair 'did it for the thrill' - 0
- Bow man robbed at gunpoint near YMCA - 0
- Sex offender sought for failing to register turns himself in - 0
- Raymond man convicted in second sexual assault case - 0
- Champagne dream leads to job applicant’s arrest - 1
- Wanted Vermont man evading capture allegedly tried to run over officer - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Sports Briefs: Broncos’ Welker to miss tonight’s game - 0
- Doc has his night in Boston - 0
- Airlines, weapon makers were the best for shareholders in 2013 - 0
- FDA unveils plan to rein in antibiotics on farms - 0
- Outlet malls: Not what they used to be - 0
- Calif. outlaws ‘revenge porn' - 0
- Kuster launches 'Holiday Cards for Heroes' - 0
- Minor bus accident in Derry blamed on icy roads - 0
- Mega Millions jackpot expected to reach $400m - 0
'From Bimah to Broadway' in Queen City
Win tickets to see Medium Lauren Rainbow
Win tickets to see Disney on Ice!
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424