Dec 19, 2013
Nov 14, 2013
Nov 6, 2013
Oct 30, 2013
In released court records, Spader's past offers few clues to Cates murder
The file contains transcribed depositions of Spader's parents, forensic psychiatrists and mental health history that were filed earlier this year when the 2012 U.S. Supreme Court Miller v. Alabama decision voided Spader's 2010 automatic life sentence without possibility of parole.
Spader's mother had her son psychologically tested when he was a sophomore at Hollis-Brookline High School in 2007, where the report showed Spader exhibited "unstable sense of self, deepening isolation, and a disinclination to restrain his impulses," the report showed.
The hospitalizations occurred as Spader increasingly used energy drinks, smoked marijuana, used cocaine and other street drugs; his conflicts with his parents intensified; he began adopting a "gang persona" that was out of step with the predominantly "preppy" school culture, according to the documents.
His relationship with a student at Souhegan High School in Amherst, enabled Spader to emerge as the "cool" new arrival on that social scene, including his efforts to present himself as an outlaw and as the leader of his peer group.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Nashua man held in home invasion - 0
- Harvard student charged in bomb hoax released on bail - 6
- AG eyes whether credibility issue may undermine some Rockingham County convictions - 4
- City man charged with endangering child - 0
- Coos Superior Court hands up indictments - 0
- Coos County jury indicts Lancaster man in theft of firearms - 0
- Page Restaurant owners agree to pay $4,000 as part of plea deal - 0
- Driver arrested after nearly hitting Canaan police chief - 0
- Police say man attacked woman with sword - 0
READER COMMENTS: 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 2
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 1
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Fugitive of the week: James Porter - 0
- Quick thinking closes the door on Somersworth fire - 0
- Milford fatal crash remains under investigation - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child
- Should applicants for jobless benefits have to pass a drug test?
- Total Votes: 1424