Construction begins on Hudson’s senior center/TV station
Preliminary site work began in mid-June, when construction crews from Brookstone Builders struck something solid beneath the soil.
Blasting should be completed early this week, allowing work crews to begin digging trenches to extend public utility lines, Colburn said.
The two-story facility is designed to fit in with the site’s existing construction as it will resemble a big red barn, with the TV studio operating out of the basement and senior activities held upstairs.
Selectman Thaddeus Luszey said that the project still fell way below its initial budget range, in spite of unanticipated developments in the process.
Colburn said the ledge problem “probably set back the construction process about 30 days.” However, he expects the building to begin taking shape sometime in August.
Voters in March approved a $1.8 million bond for the construction of the senior center and cable television studio on 2 acres inside Benson Park, a 165-acre town-owned park on the grounds of the former Benson’s Wild Animal Farm amusement park and zoo. Article 12 passed on a 1,766-1,418 vote.
In 2011, the town formed the Hudson Senior Building Committee to oversee the process of building a local senior center.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Traffic change Wednesday for Keene State move-in day - 0
- Historic Blair Bridge in Campton reopened - 1
- Creative ways to finance rail in NH pushed - 12
- Hudson grapples with traffic concerns as industrial park grows - 0
- Nashua transportation roundtable event canceled - 0
- Crews making progress on Derry's Rockingham Road - 1
- Crews make progress sprucing up Derry's Abbott Court, Central Court - 0
- Nashua aldermen asked to prioritize paving needs - 0
- State police targeting unsafe trucks, buses in 72-hour enforcement campaign - 0
READER COMMENTS: 2
- Another View - Rick Santorum: When Israel needs our help, we have to be there - 0
- Man killed in Pelham motorcycle accident wasn't wearing helmet - 0
- Too much FahrvergnŘgen: Nashua man charged with indecent exposure while driving - 2
- Dan Tuohy's Granite Status: Garcia to air her first TV ad - 0
- Boston Red Sox hammer Jays for seven runs in 11th, win 11-7 - 0
- NH Motor Speedway to again host two Sprint Cup Series weekends in 2015 - 0
- St. Anselm football players practice ini August heat - 0
- White, Glenn lift Fisher Cats over Harrisburg, 6-4 - 0
- KSC field hockey first in coaches poll - 0
Backyard boulder kills Raymond homeowner
GOP for legal pot? Hemignway's high help
Ohio's Rob Portman: GOP can win back Senate