Increasing Main Street traffic is cause for concern in Goffstown
“There is no great answer. Either a traffic light or a roundabout causes back-up,” said Carl Quiram, Goffstown public works director. “Traffic constantly goes through that choke point.”
“That option could be very damaging to downtown businesses and residential areas,” said Quiram.
A full roundabout in that area would require straightening the intersection and moving the library back slightly from its present location.
The projected cost of the project is $888,000 for the intersections of Main and Pleasant streets, and for Main, High and Elm streets. The project is being funded by the town and a state Congestion Mitigation and Air Quality grant. The town will incur 45 percent of the cost, with the grant funding the remaining 55 percent.
The Goffstown News
100 William Loeb Drive
Manchester, NH 03109
News, Obituaries, & Social Announcements
Henry Metz, Managing Editor
Email ads to email@example.com
Classified advertising: 603-669-1010
Display advertising: 603-206-7800 x264
Rate card | Ad Order | Credit application
Please use our online form at www.nh365.org
UNH unveils new 'shield' logo
Word of Abby's letter spurs tips of no use