Home » Sports » Baseball » Youth leagues
Rochester hits just enough to top Lebanon in Legion baseball tourney
Gray's single scored Andrew Langdon from third. Gray, who batted .445 and had 26 RBIs in 18 regular-season games, had two hits in the victory.
Lebanon trailed 3-1 until Cam Blewitt hit a two-run triple in the top of the seventh that scored Nick Baily and Cyrus Rothwell-Ferraris.
Cam Blewitt pitched all eight innings and took the loss. He allowed nine hits, walked three and struck out two.
"I think once everything sinks in they'll understand just how far they came," Lebanon coach Rob Woodard said. "We were fighting the errors a little bit, but we came together. Then when we came down here, the bats really came alive."
The championship will be decided today. The first game is scheduled for 4 p.m., and, if necessary, a second game will be played beginning at 7 p.m.
Nashua received three hits from designated hitter Mathew Moraia and raised its record to 3-0.
Nashua trailed 6-3 until it scored eight runs in the bottom of the fifth. Lebanon committed five errors in the loss.
A four-run fifth inning helped Laconia eliminate Concord, last year's state champion. First baseman Dominic DeBlasie and shortstop Gunnar Stecher each collected three hits for Laconia, which raised its record to 2-1.
Matt McCormack drove in two runs for Concord, which trailed 4-2 until Laconia scored four times in the bottom of the fifth.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Judicial, PUC appointments before Executive Council - 0
- Donald Trump to visit NH - 1
- Former Sen. Scott Brown confirms move from Mass to NH - 4
- Hollis school officials call police on Santa Claus - 0
- Rusty water in Manchester caused by water main break in Bedford - 0
- Forecasters eye possible weekend ice storm - 0
- Abigail's mother issues plea for Christmas return - 2
- Fugitive caught hiding under bed in Jaffrey - 0
- Target says data security breach may affect 40 million cards - 0
Snow could reschedule Super Bowl
1 dead following Route 101 crash in Milford
City man charged with endangering child