Home » News » Public Safety
Indianapolis crash victims had Concord, NH ties
Youth Pastor Chad Phelps, his pregnant wife Courtney Phelps, a piano teacher, and a third person, identified as Tonya Weindorf of Indianapolis, were killed when the bus they were on overturned just a mile from its destination. The three victims and 34 other passengers, all members of Colonial Hills Baptist Church in Indianapolis, Ind., were returning from a church camp in northern Michigan.
"Chad was a great leader, and an excellent preacher," said current Trinity Baptist Church Pastor Brian Fuller. "We were all surprised and saddened when we heard about the accident. Our prayers and thoughts are of course with the Phelps family, as well as the woman killed and those injured, and that entire church community."
"Chad was a special kid," said Fuller. "I had the privilege to be Chad's youth pastor for six years. He had a great sense of humor, and liked to perform practical jokes on people whenever he could. He had a great love for God and others. His father had gone out to Indianapolis to become the pastor there, and Chad followed him last year."
"As more people hear about it, there are many that are still just beginning to grieve," said Fuller. "Our prayers are with all touched by this tragedy."
Weindorf, 51, had five children, Leffew said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Lost Massachusetts hikers found safe in NH - 0
- City police schedule community meeting - 1
- Missing Massachusetts woman returns home - 0
- Nashua man's condition upgraded after Hudson bicycle-car collision - 0
- Missing autistic Maine teen found in Jefferson woods - 0
- Nashua bicyclist hurt in collision with car - 0
- Three injured in Route 16 accident in Ossipee - 0
- State fire marshal urges eventual ban on all fireworks - 23
- Manchester welcomes 14 new police recruits - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Allen Lessels on Motor Sports: Youngsters eye NHMS - 0
- Mark Hayward's City Matters: Manchester's bike culture shifts into high gear - 0
- Ignoring Lyme: What are state, towns doing? - 1
- Dave D'Onofrio's Sox Beat: Red Sox makeover underway - 0
- Tom Herzig's Trackside: MacDonald has NHMS track experience - 0
- Drew Cline: Scott Brown plans to win over NH one handshake at a time - 6
- Anthony M. Kay - 0
- Walsh paces Sweeney Post past Laconia - 0
- Late rally lifts Red Sox past White Sox - 0
Police say Manchester woman arrested for punching ex-boyfriend during custody exchange in Walmart parking lot
132-mph street racers blow by trooper in Nashua, one of two arrested; motorcyclist arrested on I-93 doing 107 mph
Bikers say under-30 generation isn't interested, and can't afford many of the top motorcycles
Mount Washington College to close 2 campuses
Ban fireworks? Get serious
GOP criticizes Shaheen over gas tax
Sentence fragment: Coco's cuckoo release
Ayotte calls again for FCC reform