Home » News » Public Safety
Indianapolis crash victims had Concord, NH ties
Youth Pastor Chad Phelps, his pregnant wife Courtney Phelps, a piano teacher, and a third person, identified as Tonya Weindorf of Indianapolis, were killed when the bus they were on overturned just a mile from its destination. The three victims and 34 other passengers, all members of Colonial Hills Baptist Church in Indianapolis, Ind., were returning from a church camp in northern Michigan.
"Chad was a great leader, and an excellent preacher," said current Trinity Baptist Church Pastor Brian Fuller. "We were all surprised and saddened when we heard about the accident. Our prayers and thoughts are of course with the Phelps family, as well as the woman killed and those injured, and that entire church community."
"Chad was a special kid," said Fuller. "I had the privilege to be Chad's youth pastor for six years. He had a great sense of humor, and liked to perform practical jokes on people whenever he could. He had a great love for God and others. His father had gone out to Indianapolis to become the pastor there, and Chad followed him last year."
"As more people hear about it, there are many that are still just beginning to grieve," said Fuller. "Our prayers are with all touched by this tragedy."
Weindorf, 51, had five children, Leffew said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Burning baton twirler attracts Manchester fire truck - 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Memorial heroic in NHIAA Div. I basketball semifinal defeat - 0
- Excess school money may target crowded classes in Manchester - 0
- Nashua board members apologize for signingCommon Core letter - 0
- Sen. Shaheen participates in all-night climate change ‘talkathon’ - 0
- Ian Clark's On Hockey: Monarchs' Derek Forbort in the right place at the right time - 0
- Educators, advocates speak to new standards for use of force - 0
- Two Manchester health clinics working on merger plan - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: City woman connected to fatal crash in court again - 0
- Franklin’s newest police recruit, a German shepherd pup, can smell trouble - 0
Allenstown rejects town and school budgets
Crowley elected in Northfield
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'