Home » News » Public Safety
Indianapolis crash victims had Concord, NH ties
Youth Pastor Chad Phelps, his pregnant wife Courtney Phelps, a piano teacher, and a third person, identified as Tonya Weindorf of Indianapolis, were killed when the bus they were on overturned just a mile from its destination. The three victims and 34 other passengers, all members of Colonial Hills Baptist Church in Indianapolis, Ind., were returning from a church camp in northern Michigan.
"Chad was a great leader, and an excellent preacher," said current Trinity Baptist Church Pastor Brian Fuller. "We were all surprised and saddened when we heard about the accident. Our prayers and thoughts are of course with the Phelps family, as well as the woman killed and those injured, and that entire church community."
"Chad was a special kid," said Fuller. "I had the privilege to be Chad's youth pastor for six years. He had a great sense of humor, and liked to perform practical jokes on people whenever he could. He had a great love for God and others. His father had gone out to Indianapolis to become the pastor there, and Chad followed him last year."
"As more people hear about it, there are many that are still just beginning to grieve," said Fuller. "Our prayers are with all touched by this tragedy."
Weindorf, 51, had five children, Leffew said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Hollis teen mourned after fatal crash on turnpike - 1
- AG reports progress in search for Hernandez; defends not releasing sensitive information - 0
- Derry police recover stolen box for worn flags - 0
- Chief to Chef: Charlestown veteran chief leaving for food venture - 0
- Fire Marshal's Office didn't condemn school's historic stage - 0
- Driver killed in head-on collision in Columbia - 0
- Hollis teen dies in crash on turnpike ramp - 0
- Woman suffers hip injury while fleeing Campton blaze - 0
- Slippery slide makes Monday driving tough - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- John DiStaso's Granite Status: New NHDP campaign calls on Scott Brown to disclose clients - 0
- Glitches resolved in new managed-care Medicaid system - 0
- Two sent to the hospital after Barrington crash - 0
- Two armed robberies overnight in Manchester - 0
- Job applicant charged with helping himself to a couple of bottles of champagne - 2
- Bow man robbed after leaving Manchester YMCA - 0
- Police say Keene robbery victim was targeted through online dating site - 0
- Keene police investigating attempted robbery at grocery store - 0
- Nashua teacher contract ratified - 0
Exeter drug sweep nets four
Where is Benghazi? Kuster's refusal to stand
Shea-Porter: GOP ad about ACA in NH is false
Bird blenders: 'Green energy' sacrifice
- Would you support spending local tax dollars to buy your police department a $250K armored vehicle?
- Total Votes: 1072