Principal ready for challenge of leading two schools in Wilton-Lyndborough district
O’Connell attended Plymouth State University for both his undergraduate and post-graduate degrees and taught sixth grade in Brookline for 11 years.
And he always dreamed of working in a district like Wilton-Lyndeborough.
“I’ve had my eye on this district for a long time,” he said. “At small, rural schools, you can develop rapports with the parents, and work closely with the staff and the kids. It’s an intimate setting that allows me to be involved in what’s happening.”
Between the two elementary schools there are around 270 students, said O’Connell, and as summer rolls steadily toward the new year, he’s spent a lot of time thinking about how he’s going to balance his time between the two buildings located several miles apart.
“I want to give people a chance to meet me in a really informal way,” O’Connell said.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Fleeing hostile states: Gun makers will travel - 6
- Voting in NH: Not just for NH residents - 20
- Protesting information: Picket sign o' the times - 6
- Seabrook's message: No one above the law here - 3
- 'Economic patriotism'; tax rates and border jumpers - 6
- Do the job, leave; a NH candidate makes sense - 7
- Faith and freedom; a near-martyr comes to NH - 5
- Innis with terrorists? A low blow from Guinta - 2
- Basket case: Saga of a supermarket - 12
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Distracted legislating: Our baseless cellphone ban - 0
- Another View -- Betsy McCaughey: Our free lunch President - 0
- Another View -- Karlyn Borysenko: Workplace bullying is a serious problem, governor - 0
- Red Sox pull Lester from Wednesday start amid trade rumors - 0
- Accused Abby kidnapper Kibby had past minor brushes with police - 0
- Police say youths at New Boston underage drinking party resisted arrest - 0
- Man hospitalized following Rochester shooting; suspect still at large - 0
- Muskrats, Swamp Bats split twinbill - 0
- Jays' Stroman stymies Red Sox - 0
Win tickets to see ZZ Top
Win tickets to see the Pretty Reckless
Abby's alleged kidnapper held on $1M bail
When company comes, opt for variety
Win tickets to see Ziggy Marley
Dover man sought in Rochester shooting
Supporters are now 'Abby Strong'
Canobie Lake Park shuts down popular ride