Hopkinton twins bring healthy food to Lake Sunapee
"We used to have a lemonade stand, and we wanted to do something more than that," said Lucy.
They offer bag lunches for $5 that include apple slices, vegetable chips, free water, and a cookie. They offer the items and vegetables as side items as well.
The girls, who said they may want to go into their family's business when they get older, are running the stand to make money and to provide a healthy food alternative, but they have another worthy goal. A portion of what they make goes to The Molly Fund, a New Hampshire charity that helps children with cancer.
"Every time we sell a lunch, we love getting compliments, and then I love jumping in the lake when we're done," Lucy said.
"I like when there's a line of customers, and then they tell us they have heard of us," she said.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.