Littleton Food Co-op to partner with library group
LITTLETON — The Littleton Food Co-op has named the Friends of the Littleton Public Library its August Partner of the Month.
The co-op’s 3-year-old partner program has helped several North Country nonprofits raise funds and awareness of their work in the community.
The Friends of the Littleton Public Library will receive all donations collected at the store’s checkout canisters next month, as well as $1 for every fresh, hand-tossed pizza sold on Pizza Fridays in August.
“We’re happy to partner this month with the Friends of Littleton Public Library and to help the group continue its good work,” said co-op manager Ed King. “Through the ongoing generosity of co-op members and shoppers, the partner of the month program has garnered thousands of dollars for a variety of groups.”
The Friends of the Little ton Public Library provide support in developing and maintaining the library’s historic building and the services it offers that benefit the public. The group also works to promote literacy and cultural enrichment within the community.
The group, for example, funds the library’s digital audiobook and eBook downloads program and helps fund children’s programs. The group will sponsor “Art in the Sky,” an astronomy lesson on the library’s lawn, during Littleton’s second Friday Art Night in September.
For more information about the Friends of the Littleton Public Library, visit the library’s website at www.littletonpubliclibrary.org.
For more information on the co-op, or to become a member, go to littletoncoop.org.
To improve the chance of seeing your comment posted here or published in the New Hampshire Union Leader:
- Identify yourself. Accounts using fake or incomplete names are suspended regardless of the quality of posts.
- Say something new, stay on topic, keep it short.
- Links to outside URLs are discouraged, if used they should be on topic.
- Avoid comments in bad taste, write well, avoid using all capital letters
- Don't cite facts about individuals or businesses without providing a means to verify the claim
- If you see an objectionable comment please click the "Report Abuse" button and be sure to tell us why.
Note: Comments are the opinion of the respective poster and not of the publisher.Be the first to comment.