Katie McQuaid's Scene in Manchester: Ad is clever and 'so much more'
I know I am not the only person questioning the value of an expensive four-year school these days. It appears Nashua Community College has perfected its timing to capitalize on changing perceptions like mine and present their school as another option.
To check out the spot, you can find it on Youtube, or visit www.evradvertising.com.
During my time as a novice newspaper reporter covering the Manchester Board of School Committee I had the pleasure of meeting board member Bernard J. Perry Jr. He was a committed public servant, biomedical engineer, college professor of computer science and respected businessman as the proud owner of KRL/Bantry Components. The high-tech resistor manufacturing company, located in the south end of Manchester, was previously owned by his father, Bernard J. Perry Sr.
My house gets destroyed during normal activities such as eating and bathing, so I cringe when my children ask to do messy art projects. Even a half-hour with Play-Doh means I will be finding it on my shoes and digging it out of my carpet for weeks. Studio 550 must have sensed my pain because it has begun offering Parents and Kids Clay Workshops at its 550 Elm St. community art center.
If you have an event you would like considered as the Event of the Week, be sure to enter it at the free NH365.ORG events calendar.
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Kathy Sullivan: Scott Brown’s prospects for a U.S. Senate win are poor - 0
- Deroy Murdock: A 'reset' with Russia that would get Putin's attention - 0
- Helen DePrima: How Obamacare worsened my health insurance - 14
- Jonah Goldberg: On Russia, Obama is stuck in the past - 3
- Ray Wieczorek: Joe Kenney is the man for the job - 1
- Roger Simon: How would Hillary handle Putin? - 2
- Charles Krauthammer: The wages of weakness - 0
- George Will: The face of IRS behavior - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 7
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester man who defrauded banks in mortgage foreclosure scheme gets 6 years - 0
- March storm brings accumulation mystery, maybe misery - 0
- Manchester’s Slebodnick stars in Cornell’s title win - 0
- NHIAA Girls’ Div. I final four offers intriguing matchups - 0
- Goffstown voters have lots to consider with schools - 0
- With snow budget depleted, Nashua dips into trust fund - 0
- Manchester CrimeWatch: Graffiti charge keeps teen’s bail from changing - 0
- Police union contract a top concern for Bedford voters - 0
- Proposed school budget creates stir in Allenstown - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
Manchester schools project budget surplus
Dover man found not guilty of sex assault but convicted of drugging three women in Portsmouth