Home » News » Public Safety
Parents voice approval for change to child car-seat law
Hawkes said her husband is a firefighter, and the stories he's shared of children injured in automobile accidents motivates her to err on the side of caution.
"If it saves one child's life, I'm OK` with it," said Marsha Pomerleau, a mother and an emergency dispatcher who lives in Jaffrey.
Brian Pishon of Bedford echoed Pomerleau's comments.
"It's much more dangerous driving out there than it used to be," he said. "That superseded the desire of kids to be out of a car seat or sit in the front seat."
But Asena Roy of Lyndeborough, who hadn't heard about the new law, said she wasn't necessarily happy about it.
Roy said that the cost of child car seats should have been taken into consideration and added, "If they're going to change the regulations, they should focus on making sure there are more good jobs with good pay."
"It's a little tight in the cars," said Lobellaud, "but at the end of the day, it doesn't really make a difference as long as they're safe."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Manchester fire heavily damages one apartment - 0
- Derry teen credited with saving home from kitchen fire - 1
- Nashua YMCA lifeguard: ‘My training just kicked in and instincts took over’ - 0
- Milford police officers want to meet you for coffee - 2
- Nashua parents: Clean up the sidewalks for students' safety - 0
- Manchester police car in collision at Union and Hayward streets - 0
- Northwood fire prompts firefighters to urge residents to clean chimneys - 0
- Rochester pedestrian, 18, struck, suffers minor injuries - 0
- Haverhill man receives call every homeowner dreads - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Firefighters battle blaze at Pittsfield pizza plant - 0
- Allen Lessels' UNH Notebook: Wildcats, Hogan not finished yet - 0
- Little Green has quartet of contenders for New England wrestling championships - 0
- Roger Brown's High School Basketball: Madness has arrived - 0
- Monarchs: Let's play three - 0
- Another View -- Diana Lacey: Union Leader editorial got gas tax hearing all wrong - 2
- Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief - 8
- Banning cell phones: Impulse shopping in the House - 4
- Cannon Mountain skiers head to Paralympics - 0
Fremont's Miss 1964 to pass on her crown
Obamacare's new trick: Only temporary relief