Home » News » Public Safety
Parents voice approval for change to child car-seat law
Hawkes said her husband is a firefighter, and the stories he's shared of children injured in automobile accidents motivates her to err on the side of caution.
"If it saves one child's life, I'm OK` with it," said Marsha Pomerleau, a mother and an emergency dispatcher who lives in Jaffrey.
Brian Pishon of Bedford echoed Pomerleau's comments.
"It's much more dangerous driving out there than it used to be," he said. "That superseded the desire of kids to be out of a car seat or sit in the front seat."
But Asena Roy of Lyndeborough, who hadn't heard about the new law, said she wasn't necessarily happy about it.
Roy said that the cost of child car seats should have been taken into consideration and added, "If they're going to change the regulations, they should focus on making sure there are more good jobs with good pay."
"It's a little tight in the cars," said Lobellaud, "but at the end of the day, it doesn't really make a difference as long as they're safe."
READER COMMENTS: 0
- Another plane hits frozen Alton Bay - 0
- Police investigating crash after truck reportedly loses tire in Concord - 1
- Derry firefighters extinguish Jeep fire - 0
- Chemical spill in Newington business sends 6 to the hospital - 0
- Officials investigate suspicious Manchester blaze - 0
- UPDATED: Mass. man charged after hitting barrier at Bedford toll plaza - 2
- Massachusetts woman injured in Milan snowmobile crash - 0
- ATV sinks trying to skim water of Weirs Beach - 0
- Fire destroys vacant Nashua building - 0
READER COMMENTS: 0
- AG petitions judge to remove Rockingham County attorney from office - 0
- Poll activity slow but steady in Londonderry - 0
- Manchester police recover $2,000 worth of painkillers in drug arrest - 0
- 600 votes cast in Hudson by midday - 0
- Man dies after officer-involved Rochester shooting - 0
- Londonderry polls average 100 voters per hour - 0
- Faulty lamp caused Manchester blaze - 0
- Nashua school members' letter prompts an apology - 0
- UNH Law named a top 100 law school in magazine’s rankings - 0
Taken for a ride: Hooksett’s Pinkerton deal
John DiStaso's Granite Status: Shaheen among speakers at Senate Dems' climate change 'talkathon'
Manchester schools project budget surplus